It’s February, the month of love and romance! But instead of another list of my favourite YA couples, this year I want to celebrate the greatest platonic relationships in fantasy and sci-fi. So, happy Palentines friends, and welcome to the February Blog Hop with YA Sci-Fi and Fantasy Addicts.
February Blog Hop Posts
- Nice Guys Finish First: My Favorite YA Book Boyfriends
- YA Dystopian Book Boyfriends
- 10 Amazing Indie Young Adult Books to Read If You Adore Clean Romance
- Printable Bookish Valentine’s Cards
- Diversity and YA Romance
- Valentine’s Day Gift Ideas for Book Lovers in Love
- Apollo – the Anti-Book Boyfriend
- Happy Palentines – the Best YA Book Friendships (YOU ARE HERE)
- Love Triangles: Love Them or Love Them Not?
- February Blog Hop: Edgy or Safe Love Match?
- F/F Couples That Are Goals
- Trope-off: Enemies to Lovers vs. Friends to Lovers in YA Love Stories
- May The Best Friend Win – Favorite Friends to Lovers Books
The Best Friendships in YA Fantasy and Sci-Fi
Will & Jem from The Infernal Devices
If there was ever a pair of friends who the term ‘bromance’ was invented for, it’s Will Herondale and Jem Carstairs. Their friendship is the stuff of dreams, fighting evil side by side and always having each other’s backs, in sickness and in health, till death do they part. They even fall for the same girl, but something as simple as true love could never come between these two parabatai!
The Crows from Six of Crows
The Crows as individuals could not be more different from each other, but together they make the perfect team. Kaz, Inej, Jesper, Nina, Wylan and Matthias are the kind of friends you can call when you need help getting rid of a body. Their methods might not always be exactly legal or moral, and their motivations might seem murky to say the least, but at the end of the day they’re always there for their friends (usually with a snarky comment to boot).
The Night Court from ACOTAR
Everyone’s favourite high fae court are peak friendship goals. Rhysand, Cassian, Azriel, Amren and Morr are definitely the kind of friends you want beside you in battle, but they’re also capable of bringing the banter and good times too. And, let’s be honest, they’re all pretty easy on the eyes.
The Gnomes from The Fair Queen
When Aria stumbles into the Fair Realm, she tags along with a gang of Gnome boys and it’s not long before she feels like one of the crew. The loyal band of brothers, soldiers and princes show Aria the meaning of true friendship as they challenge and support each other, laughing both with and at each other, and always having each other’s backs, especially in battle. Even when things get dark and dangerous, these boys are always the best of friends.
A Valentines Gift for you!
Enter our big Valentines giveaway to win an Amazon gift card and find your next book boyfriend!
Happy Valentines, Palentines and Galentines, friends!