I was tagged by the fabulous Darque Dreamer Reads for the Liebster Award, and as the questions are always different I thought I’d give it another bash! (Check out my first go here.)
The rules also appear to have changed since June when I did this award, back then there was no list of eleven random facts about me, so at least I won’t be duplicating any of those! Let’s do this…
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Give 11 random facts about you.
3. Answer the 11 questions they gave you.
4. Nominate 11 blogs.
5. Give them 11 questions to answer.
Eleven Facts About Me…
- I am now the proud fur-mum of two pointers! We adopted Woody a couple of months ago from the GSP Rescue charity, he’s 7 and was originally used as a gun dog in France. He and Bailey (2) are best friends now and keep each other company while we’re out 🙂
- I don’t have a middle name, and I’ve always felt like I was missing out. I used to pretend it was Ann when I was a kid – original I know! Probably because my nan’s middle name is Ann…
- My dad chose the name Lyndsey, after Lindsey Buckingham from Fleetwood Mac. He added the extra Y because he thought it would look girlier (Lindsey Buckingham is a bloke). Thanks Dad. Apparently they couldn’t think of anything that went with Lyndsey, hence the lack of middle name.
- I’m currently preparing for NaNoWriMo next month, I’m diving back into a project I started in July for Camp Nano before giving up and focusing on Pitch Wars. I’ve just decided to add a secondary timeline and POV character, with absolutely no experience or knowledge of how to do this. Wish me luck! Any tips or links to helpful blogs would be greatly appreciated!
- I love the countryside and pretty much hate the city. I can see the benefits of living centrally, for work, shopping, public transport etc. but I just can’t imagine living there long term. I need wide open spaces, greenery and to be able to see the stars at night. I’ve lived in a lot of different places, and I’ve always preferred living in rural areas to urban ones.
- I like crafting in my spare time, I find it really therapeutic. I’ve tried loads of different things, Scrabble art, paper cutting, candle making, soap making etc. I always like to have a project on the go, so since I started writing it’s been that, but I still love to try my hand at different crafts.
- My favourite colour is turquoise and…
- …my favourite animals are dolphins.
- I love red lipstick. I wear MAC Ruby Woo at the moment, but I’ve gotten into those matte lip paint things so I might try a red one of those as mine is a nude/taupe colour.
- The best holiday I’ve ever been on was for my mum’s wedding in 2014. It was a cruise in the Caribbean, me and my husband flew out a week early so we had some time to ourselves, and then my mum and stepdad stayed a week later so they did too. Both parts were absolutely wonderful, spending time alone together in such a gorgeous setting and then getting to celebrate my mum’s wedding on a beautiful beach in St Thomas. It was heaven.
- I’m a fan of bucket lists, I had one for my twenties that I’m currently in the process of achieving the last goal, and right on time as I turned 29 in August! My list for my thirties consists of ten things to learn/do and places to visit. Things like scuba diving and skiing, and places like Hawaii and Vegas. Funnily enough, writing a book was never on my list, I suppose I didn’t think I’d really ever do it so putting a time limit on it (even a whole decade) would have felt like setting myself up for failure. So there you go, not only have I achieved all my ten goals for my twenties, I’ve also written a novel! Go me.
Have you read a book with a perfect ending?
The only book I can think of with a perfect ending that stayed with me is Harry Potter. I remember feeling really satisfied and content with how J. K. Rowling wrapped up the series and gave us a little glimpse into the future. All was well.
Does your favourite movie have a perfect ending?
I don’t really have a favourite movie, but the ones I love where I can remember the ending are the really ambiguous ones that leave you with questions, like Inception and Shutter Island.
Why did you start your blog?
I wanted somewhere I could share my writing journey with fellow writers, maybe build a readership of people who’d like to buy my books when they’re released, and hopefully make some friends. It’s also a nice sort of journal of how far I’ve come in the writing/publishing journey.
Do you have a follower goal in mind?
I honestly didn’t expect to gain a single follower, so definitely not. I’d love more, but I’m so happy with the number I have (around 320) and I’m grateful to anyone who finds my rambling interesting enough to read!
What advice would you give to your beginner blog self?
Interact with other similar blogs, chat in the comments and take part in blog hops and memes!
Where is the best place you have visited?
I’ve been lucky enough to visit so many amazing places. Rome is absolutely stunning, so much history and beauty in one city. Italy on the whole is amazing, Pompeii was fascinating and Venice is obviously gorgeous. If I could only visit one country ever again for the rest of my life it would be Italy. For the food and wine alone!
Who is the most inspirational person in your life?
My mum. Is that really lame? She’s the person I look up to most, our paths and ambitions are completely different, but I see how hard she’s worked to get to where she is and I’m really proud of her, and hope I’m just as successful in my own way one day.
What is your favourite book or movie genre?
My favourite book genre is fantasy, but I’ve got really eclectic taste in movies. I love sci-fi/fantasy, but I also like suspenseful thrillers and crime, superhero movies, slushy chick flicks and comedies. I’ll watch almost anything if it’s a good story. I’m trying to branch out a bit more with my reading as I know I’m probably missing out by being so selective!
If you could write yourself in to a book or movie, which one would you be a character in?
Harry Potter, every day of the week.
Do you like going to concerts?
I do, I love concerts, I go with my Dad mainly and my younger brother too. I used to always be at small indie gigs, or seeing whoever was playing the Student Union that week. Nowadays I go to some sit down City Hall concerts as well as grungy dive bar gigs.
What is one food you absolutely hate?
I’ve been away for a while so I’m a little (OK, a lot) out of the loop right now, that’s why I’m not going to nominate eleven bloggers, I’m just going to leave this one as an open invitation. I’ll give my eleven questions so anyone who fancies having a go at this award can answer those and just tag me in your post so I can come and see it!
- Name a blogger you admire and whose blog you love.
- If you had to blog about something else, what would your new blog subject be?
- Do your family and IRL friends know about your blog, and do they read it?
- What was your favourite book as a child?
- How do you feel about book to movie/TV adaptations?
- What’s your dream job?
- Where’s the last place you went on vacation?
- What are you hoping for this Christmas?
- How did you meet your best friend?
- If you could have any superpower what would it be?
- What would your superhero name be?
And there you have it! I can’t wait to read your answers and get to know you all a little better, don’t forget to tag me in your posts 🙂
I want to visit Italy so badly!
Wow, you’ve been tagged again, and I still haven’t gotten my post up from the first time when you tagged me . . . I should have that post up soon. Hopefully next week. I understand why you didn’t tag anyone this time. I’d have posted already, but coming up with 11 names takes time.