What is the Mystery Blogger Award?
“Mystery Blogger Award” is an award for amazing bloggers with ingenious posts. Their blog not only captivates, it inspires and motivates. They are one of the best out there, and they deserve every recognition they get. This award is also for bloggers who find fun and inspiration in blogging, and they do it with so much love and passion.
– Okoto Enigma
- Put the award log/image on your blog
- List the rules
- Thank whoever nominated you
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself
- Nominate some fellow bloggers
- Notify your nominees
- Ask your nominees 5 questions
- Share a link to your best post
- There are only 9 rules, but I’m just going to leave this here to appease my need for symmetry…
3 things about me:
- I speak Spanish, I studied it at Uni and did a Masters in Translation, but I’ve never used it and sort of fell into Marketing and retrained. I love Spain though, and everything about the culture and history of the country. I don’t holiday there enough, and when I do I’m too shy to speak Spanish to people!
- I’m the proud fur-parent of a beautiful German Shorthaired Pointer named Bailey. We re-homed her just over a year ago when she was seven months old, her previous owners couldn’t give her the time and exercise she needs. It’s without a doubt the best decision me and my husband ever made, we love her more than life.
- I have a bucket list of things I want to do, accomplish, achieve etc. Ten by the time I’m thirty, ten more by the time I’m forty, and I’ll choose ten more for the decade between forty and fifty. I’m one away from completing my list for my twenties, which included things like: complete my degree, get married, buy a house, ride a horse and go to Disneyland Paris. My list for my thirties includes things like go scuba diving, go to Las Vegas, go skiing, learn another language or an instrument (I have zero musical talent though so it’ll probably be a language!) and for my 40th birthday I want to go to Australia.
OK, that was probably way more than 3 things, but welcome to a brief history of Lyndsey Hall!
What’s next? Nominate some fellow bloggers. OK, I nominate:
- Tanya & Shanya @ TwinBookmarks
- Kourtni @ Kourtni Reads
- Dee @ Dee’s Rad Reads and Reviews
- Lit This & That
Don’t worry if you’ve already done this award or don’t fancy it. And if I haven’t nominated you but you want to answer my questions, feel free! I’d love to see your answers.
The five questions Ronel gave me are:
Who is your favourite author and why?
This is such a tough question because I love so many authors for so many different reasons, but the author who has made the biggest difference in my life is definitely J.K. Rowling. I always loved to read as a kid, but Harry Potter started my obsession with fantasy, long book series, and MG/YA lit. Rowling inspired my reading, and she’s inspired my writing too. I wouldn’t be who I am today with HP.
What are you reading right now? Would you recommend it?
I’m currently listening to the audio book of A Court of Wings and Ruin by Sarah J. Maas, it’s a great fantasy series, I absolutely love the characters and the world Maas has created. It’s not for everyone, there are quite a few steamy scenes and I’d definitely call it NA rather than YA, so it’s not for younger teens. I’d recommend it to anyone who loves a gripping fantasy with an amazing cast of talented and fascinating characters. And one incredible book boyfriend!
How long have you been blogging?
I’ve tried blogging a few times in the past, my first one was a personal blog with posts about my life and inner thoughts, then I had a craft blog and I sold bits and pieces on Etsy and Facebook for a while, and finally I started this book blog when I started writing my first novel last year in September. I’ve always been creative and I’ve been trying to find my outlet for years, and I think I’ve finally found it with writing and this blog.
Which four fictional characters would you invite to a dinner party and why?
Ooh, good question! Ron Weasley for a bit of down-to-earth humour, Rhysand (I just realised I don’t know his last name, maybe he doesn’t have one?) for a bit of eye candy and flirtation, Aelin Ashryver-Galathinius – or actually I’d prefer Caelena Sardothien, but same difference – for her wicked snark. I think she and Rhys could give each other a run for their money. Magnus Bane, because everyone needs a bit of fabulousness in their lives and he’d have so many stories to tell. And Ronan Lynch, because if a party doesn’t end in a bust up with the police called is it even a party?
What would your supervillain name be?
Hmm. I like Enchantress but it’s already taken. I actually really like Paige’s code name from The Mime Order by Samantha Shannon, Black Moth. But my Patronus according to Pottermore is White Mare, so maybe that would work? Plus my Mum always says I’m a mare, so it’s accurate…
My 5 questions for my nominees are…
- Which fictional character would you play in a movie?
- Would you rather have wings and be able to fly, or turn into a mermaid when you enter water?
- If you could harness any of the elements (wind, fire, water, earth), which would you prefer?
- Which fictional school do you wish you had attended?
- If you could have any mythical creature from any book as a pet, which would you choose?
That was fun! I hope you enjoyed learning a little more about me, I can’t wait to see your responses to my questions and get to know some of you a bit better. Tag me in your posts so I can find them!