Thank you to Nadwa @ Painfully Fictional for tagging me for the Happiness Tag! I’ve tried to find out who created this tag, but I couldn’t so if you know please leave a comment so I can credit them!
List 5 things that make you happy
- Animals. I’ve always loved them, dolphins have been my favourite animal since I was a little girl, I used to print out pictures and facts about them and glue them into a scrapbook, like some kind of homemade encyclopaedia of sealife. Now, I’ve got a dog, a GSP called Bailey, who is the absolute apple of my eye, and I just love spending time with her and seeing her little face light up when I come home or give her a treat.
- Books. This ones obvious if you’ve been following my blog for a while, but reading and writing books has given me a real purpose in life, as well as keeping this blog about my literary exploits, and making some great bookish friends along the way! Audio books make my commute, cooking, cleaning and showering a joy. I always carry a book for when I’m sitting in waiting rooms or on public transport. There’s hardly a moment when a book isn’t just the ticket.
- Hot drinks. There really is nothing like a warm beverage to make you feel cosy and relaxed, is there? It’s like a hug in a mug. I love tea (English Breakfast or Earl Grey), coffee (a skinny vanilla latte – hot in the winter, but iced in the summer), and hot chocolate. There’s a hot drink for every season, every ailment or upset, every social occasion, and every taste.
- Seasons. Autumn is my favourite season, without a doubt, but I find that every few months when the seasons are changing I get really excited for the coming one. I like dressing in boots, jumpers and scarves in Autumn, but Winter has the frost and snow, and Christmas, Spring has the beautiful crocuses, snowdrops and bluebells, and Summer has, well, the sun. Every seasonal change feels like a fresh start, living in the UK where the weather changes dramatically with each season I really enjoy the constant changes. I couldn’t live somewhere where every season was the same.
- Music. I have always loved music, despite having absolutely zero musical talent. I can’t sing a note or play a single instrument, but I love to dance (badly) and sing along with the radio, and listen to music at any time when an audio book isn’t appropriate or I’m just not in the mood. My husband teases me because I hate silence, I enter a room and either put the TV on or the radio whatever I’m doing.
On that note…
List 5 songs that make you happy
- Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield. I feel like this is the writers’ anthem, it’s such an upbeat and inspiring song with great lyrics.
- Fight Song by Rachel Platten. This is another really motivational song, it’s perfect when your having a bad day, or week, and you just need to belt something out that will make you feel better.
- I’ll be there for you by The Rembrandts. On the subject of songs that cheer me up when I’m having a crap day, FRIENDS is my absolute favourite TV show ever and I’ve always adored the theme tune. It fit the show so well, and is actually a really great song with some uplifting and honest lyrics.
- That’s My Girl by Fifth Harmony. At risk of admitting I need a boost quite often, this is another song that really gets me out of a funk and gives me something to belt out while driving. It’s the ultimate girl power anthem.
- Riviera Life by Caro Emerald. I love everything by Caro Emerald, but this is my favourite, it’s so summery and makes me want to holiday in the south of France.
And that pretty much sums up what makes me happy! If you want to try this tag feel free to give it a go, and I’ll tag a few of you just to get the ball rolling:
Have fun, I can’t wait to read your answers!